Wow, what another crazy week. I’ve been busy almost every day with non-crafty things like computer repairman (to hook up my printers to WiFi), pest control (I have (had) a flying ant issue), Demi and Dommy’s birthdays on Tuesday, doctor appointment (all is good), food shopping (don’t ask) and multiple deliveries every day including (finally) my outside porch awnings. My household single handedly keeps FEDEX, UPS, private carriers and USPS in business. I know all the drivers on a first name basis.
I did, however, manage to squeeze out some cards. This can only happen because I get up before the birds, anytime after 12 midnight. It’s my quiet time and I can get lots done without interruption. Plus, I’m making donation cards, using the assembly line method so things go quickly (usually).
These cards below are my most recent endeavor. I’m really making an effort to be a better stamper and have purchased some better quality dyes. Currently I’m experimenting with Ranger’s Distress Inks. My goal was to have all the colors but now the new Distress Oxide Inks have caught my attention so I may go with a complete set of those. Of course, I can’t afford the entire set at once so I’ll buy a few each time they’re on sale somewhere. But for now, here are some backgrounds that I made using the regular Distress Inks. These are all earmarked as donation cards.
I used the same 4 ink colors on all the cards. I used a stencil and sprayed with water, added some sparkle with Wink of Stella, dry embossed, and a bit of glitter paper resulting in 7 different inked backgrounds. I pulled them all together in various ways to give each card a unique look. I only made one of each this time.
I plan to do more background using these Distress Inks. For me, it’s a bit time consuming since I’m still learning but I think the new Oxide inks would work better. I hope I don’t cave in and purchase the entire lot!!!!
I’ll be back next week with more goodies. Have a great week.