I’m late this week for my regular Thursday posting simply because I have NOTHING!!
I had hoped that I would have pics of my finished front yard but, alas, no grass. I heard rumors that it may have been back in stock yesterday but still I wait for a call for the installation.
So in lieu of a finished lawn area, I had to make some quick decisions on how to address the mess for my 4th of July BBQ. I will say that I would probably win FIRST PLACE for the TACKIEST YARD EVER! LOL, take a look.
- Fake grass, a steal at Walmart for $18.
- Hanging sheets to block the sunlight attached with safety pins.
- 4th of July quilt covering a bench in need of a new paint job.
- An old sisal rug to cover more stones.
- Plastic tables.
- Strung lights attached with zip ties.
- Old and well worn aluminum tent.
8. Can’t forget the Tiki torches. ADD MORE.
9. The folding table wanna-be picnic table complete with red and white check plastic tablecloth. ADD MORE.10. The BBQ pit. ADD MORE.11. Last but not least, THE GRAND VIEW! ADD MORE.I’m still laughing, are you? Well, you should be. This was pretty bad. Not to mention that once again, we had blackened and smoked-infused marshmallows roasted in the fire pit. What’s the trick for keeping a fire pit lit????? 2nd year in a row we failed at S’mores!
I won’t even mention that the kitchen faucet hose burst just as the meats were put on the BBQ. NO WATER and a big mess. All had to cease while we made a side trip to Lowe’s for a replacement hose and made the repair. So once again, Murphy’s Law has struck. Anything that can go wrong, does go wrong.
All in all, I will say that the day went well, great food, great guests and great fun for all. Ask me if I will do this again……I’ll have to think about this.
One last thing. Come back next week and maybe I’ll be able to show you GRASS! And once again, we’ll venture down the sewing machine path, the continuing saga of the misbehaving sewing machines.
And I’m still laughing……………..