Good Morning all,
In my last post, you saw a pic of a pile of ‘mystery supplies’. Did you figure out what I had in mind? Could you recognize any of the ‘mystery supplies’? I won’t keep you in suspense any longer. Here’s what I was up to.
A quilt using old and worn, but favorite, t-shirts. My son-in-law has a huge collection of out-dated but cherished t-shirts that he doesn’t really wear anymore but couldn’t part with. I remember seeing quilts made from the logo’s on t-shirts and decided that he could keep his memorabilia but in a different and usable form. So this is what I came up with for him. I used 12 logo’s for the front and 2 on the back. It was a bit of a challenge to incorporate all these shirts. I had 2 left over so decided to put them on the back of the quilt at the bottom along with a signature plate.
I didn’t want the quilt to be too puffy or heavy so I used a sheet in lieu of batting and added some simple machine quilting to the lattice, which you really can’t see, to keep the layers in place. I used my favorite binding method; sewing the binding on the back by machine, wrapping it to the front and hand stitching in place.
I may make a couple more, one for my son and another for my other son-in-law, if they want. One change I would make is to use featherweight fusible interfacing instead of heavyweight (since that’s all I had on hand). All in all, I think the quilt came out nice for my first try.
If anyone needs further info or would like to comment, I’d love to hear your thoughts.